Description of activities
CHIMAR HELLAS SA is an innovative company active internationally in the industrial research, development and exploitation of competitive technology for the industrial production of adhesives and related chemicals. These products are applied in the industrial production of composite wood panels (MDF, particleboard, OSB, plywood, impregnation papers, etc.). The company focuses on the development of human- and environment-friendly products and technologies according to the principles of sustainable development. CHIMAR has facilities in Northern Greece, in Thessaloniki area, which include a chemical-technical laboratory, administration offices, a pilot plant for resin production, a pilot plant for panel production, and a manufacturing unit for chemicals production upon demand. Its human resources comprise highly trained scientists, with knowledge, skills and unique expertise in the field. The company is currently formed by a dynamic team of 30 people and has 97% export revenues and more than 40 years of experience. Its technology is protected via patents and trade secrets and has been applied so far in over 100 industrial plants, in more than 40 countries around the world.
Specifically, the fields of activity of CHIMAR are:
• Industrial research, development and exploitation of innovative and competitive technology (via licensing) for the industrial production of chemicals and adhesives and their application in the composite wood panel industry satisfying the most stringent standards.
• Technical Support (remotely and on site) and training of the personnel of adhesive resins and wood panel industries.
• R&D services to third parties, development of products and technologies at laboratory / pilot and industrial scale.
• Participation in funded collaborative research projects (National & European) with focus on the development and promotion of green, human- and environment-friendly technologies and products.
• Production of chemical products for the industry on demand (e.g. resin catalysts).
• Measurements, analyses, tests and evaluation of adhesive resins, chemical additives and composite wood panels based on international standards.
• Accredited measurements: CHIMAR laboratory is the only accredited laboratory in Greece (ELOT EN ISO 17025), for the measurement of formaldehyde in wood products, according to the methods EN ISO 12460-3 and 5.
• Representation, distribution and installation of industrial systems for prevention and protection against fire and explosions.
Description of activities
KANNABIO Hemp Cooperative is a pioneer vertically integrated cooperative based in Volos, Greece, that cultivates organic hemp (seed and flower) and produces functional food and cosmetics from these raw materials.
KANNABIO has managed since 2016, the cultivation of more than 75 hectares of organic land for producing hemp seeds and hemp flowers. Based on the production volume and the acreage cultivated each year, it is estimated that for the past six years the coop has sequestered/ stored more than 1,200 tons of CO2 from the atmosphere.
KANNABIO cultivates exclusively with organic means, without any use of chemical pesticides and non-organic nutrients, while waters the plants by using the dripping system so as to reduce consumption. Moreover, dries the flowers and biomass naturally, without mechanical driers, while it utilizes harvesting waste and processing by-products for producing high-value innovative products.
President of KANNABIO COOP Executive Board
Landline: +30 24210 64309
Description of activities
Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
Laboratory of X-rays, Visual Characterization and Thermal Analysis-Department of Physics
Laboratory of Chemistry and Technology of Polymers and Paints - Department of Chemistry
The Aristotle University of Thessaloniki is the largest Greek university. It includes a total of 10 faculties, consisting of 40 departments and 1 one-department faculty. The Physics Department of the School of Sciences is one of the oldest and largest departments, both in staff and students, as well as in scientific and research activities and distinctions. The Department of Chemistry covers almost all the educational and research fields of the subject of Chemistry and holds a leading position among the respective departments of the country.
The research interests of the "Laboratory of X-Rays, Visual Characterization and Thermal Analysis" of the Department of Physics headed by Professor K. Chryssafis, focus on the thermal analysis and characterization of materials with techniques such as FTIR - UV / VIS spectroscopy, the study of the structure by X-ray spectroscopy, the study of the microstructure of materials by electron microscopy, the study of surfaces by scanning electron microscopy, the measurements of thermal conductivity, the composition-modification and characterization of materials in technical applications.
The research interests of the "Laboratory of Chemistry and Technology of Polymers and Paints", of the Department of Chemistry, headed by Professor D. Bikiaris, focus on chemistry and polymer technology (composition, characterization, applications of polymers, modification and optimization of polymers, mathematical models of polymerization reactions), preparation of polymers from renewable materials and biodegradable polymers and study of the rate of biodegradation, recycling of polymers, study of thermal and thermo-oxidative stability of polymers, development and study of composite and nanocomposite materials, preparation and study of 3-dimensional materials.
The two research labs of AUTH cooperate very closely in recent years and have scientific knowledge experience and abundant scientific equipment, which are complementary and necessary for the implementation of the project. The fruit of this collaboration is the publication of over 100 papers in international journals and conferences.
Konstantinos Chryssafis Dimitrios Bikiaris
Tel. +30 2310 998188 Tel. +30 2310 997812